*Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Magic Chef Digital Air Fryer but the content and opinions expressed here are my own. I’m proud to be working with Magic Chef to help spread the word about their great products. I have been compensated with a free product for my time and to supply an honest review*
We LOVE fried food! Everything about it, the taste, the crunch, just makes my mouth water. As much as I love it though we obviously can not eat it all of the time for health reasons. I was so excited when Magic Chef asked me to try out their digital air fryer. They say that you can make crisp, tasty food in minutes. I have to be real here. I was skeptical. Would it have all of the deliciousness that fried food has? Keep reading to find out.
An honest review of the Magic Chef Digital Air Fryer
I must say that I was absolutely wowed by the Air Fryer. The food cooks so crisply that you don’t even miss the oil. And the speed at which the food cooks is incredible. Egg rolls take 5 minutes, grilled cheese in 8 minutes, even a cake in 10 minutes. Amazing!
The Magic Chef Digital Air fryer comes with its very own cookbook with great recipes to try in the Air fryer. I can’t wait to try them all out. Some of the recipes include:
- Savory Monkey Bread
- Tater Tot Bombs
- Spinach & Bacon Quiche
- Shrimp Scampi
- The Ultimate Nutella Brownie
- And so many more delicious recipes…
We chose to make egg rolls in our Magic Chef Digital Air Fryer. There is a recipe in the cookbook for egg rolls, but we altered it to fit our taste.
Step-by-step Egg rolls in the Magic Chef Digital Air Fryer
1. Allow egg roll wrappers to come to room temperature while you collect your other ingredients. Fill a small bowl with water.
2. In a bowl, mix together hoisin sauce, peanut butter, honey, and sweet chili sauce until combined. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, add broccoli slaw and 6-7 tablespoons of the prepared peanut sauce.
4. Mix until combined.
5. Using 1 egg roll wrapper at a time, place 2 tablespoons of the broccoli mixture in the center.
6. Wet your finger with water and run it along the edge of the egg roll wrapper, fold the bottom in toward the middle, followed by the sides. Press gently to seal.
7. Wet the top edge and fold over the last side to seal.
8. Repeat with the rest of the egg rolls.
9. Brush each egg roll with a coating of olive oil.
10. Cook the egg rolls in the Air Fryer basket in batches. You want to make sure they don’t touch each other.
11. Air Fry at 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
12. Serve with the remaining sauce for dipping.
We LOVED the egg rolls and we can’t wait to try some other recipes in our Magic Chef Digital Air Fryer. This would be a great new gadget to add to your kitchen if you are always short on time or if you are trying to eat healthier. The Magic Chef Digital Air Fryer has all of the crunch and flavor of fried food without the mess or calories.