Make these Baked Apple Cider Donuts right in your own kitchen. They are super easy to make and SO tasty.
We absolutely love donuts over here. We also absolutely love the Fall flavors of apple cider. So I thought why not bring both of these things together in these Baked Apple Cider Donuts?
Don’t get me wrong, these donuts are great all year long. But there is something about the Fall that makes them taste even better.
Baked or Fried
Most donut recipes are fried. Yes, I definitely do love the taste and flavor of a fried donut. But I definitely don’t love the mess involved in frying them.
If you want a fried donut, then this recipe is definitely not for you. Trust me when I tell you though that these baked donuts are soft, delicious, and full of flavor. And the cinnamon sugar coating puts them over the top for me.
To make these yummy donuts you will need a donut pan. This donut pan makes perfectly shaped donuts every single time. And the cleanup is super easy! Use the promo code “LISA10” for 10% off your purchase.
What are we waiting for? Lets make these babies!
Baked Apple Cider Donuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small sauce pan, melt the butter. Stir in the cider and set aside.
To a bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir and set aside.
Whisk the sugar and egg into the cider and butter mixture until evenly combined.
Stir together the wet and dry ingredients until just combined.
Spray the donut pan with cooking spray. This donut pan is nonstick, but I still like to spray it just in case. The last thing I want is broken donuts. Spoon the batter carefully into the donut pan.
Bake for 11-12 minutes. Test for doneness with a toothpick. Let the donuts cool for a minute or 2. Then remove them onto a cooling rack.
While the donuts are in the oven, make the topping. Melt the butter in a small saucepan. In a separate small bowl, stir the cinnamon, brown sugar, and white sugar together.
Dip each donut in the butter mixture, then the sugar mixture. Place back on cooling rack.
These donuts are best eaten the same day. But you can store them in an airtight container for an additional day.
These Baked Apple Cider Donuts are super easy to make and bursting with fall flavors!
- 3 T butter (unsalted)
- 1/3 cup apple cider
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg(s)
- 3 T butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in the cider and set aside.
3. To a bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Set aside.
4. Whisk the sugar and egg into the cider and butter mixture until evenly combined.
5. Stir together the wet and dry ingredients until just combined.
6. Spray the donut pan with cooking spray. Spoon batter into pan.
7. Bake for 11-12 minutes - test with a toothpick. Cool 1-2 minutes before removing donuts onto a cooling rack.
8. While the donuts are baking, make the topping. Melt the butter and place it into a small bowl. In a separate small bowl, stir the cinnamon, brown sugar, and white sugar together.
9. Dip each donut in the butter mixture and lightly coat in the dry mixture. Place back on cooling rack.
These donuts are best eaten the same day.
Shop This Post
That’s it! Quick and easy Baked Apple Cider Donuts that are full of fall flavor. GET IN MY BELLY!!
Here are some other recipes you might like: