For me, lemon and blueberry are a perfect pairing. I love the taste of these two flavors together. This Lemon-Blueberry Pound Cake has just enough lemon flavor to compliment the blueberry. Neither flavor is overpowering. They just meld together like BUTTA baby!
Lemon-Blueberry Pound Cake
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 70-75 minutes
1 cup butter
1¾ cups sugar
zest from one lemon
½ teaspoon vanilla
¾ cup buttermilk
2 cups fresh blueberries
2½ cups flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
**Tip: Don’t have buttermilk on hand? Add 1 tbsp. of white vinegar to 1 cup milk. Stir and let sit for a few minutes. Bam, you have buttermilk!**
1½ cup powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 Tablespoon lemon zest
¼ teaspoon vanilla
1 Tablespoon milk
1. For the pound cake, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar, and lemon zest together for 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix until combined.
4. Add vanilla.
5. Add dry ingredients and buttermilk. Mix until combined.
6. Carefully fold in blueberries.
7. Spray 2 loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray.
8. Pour batter into the pans and bake at 350 degrees F for 70-75 min.
9. Let cool and mix the glaze while cooling.
10. Whisk together all of the glaze ingredients until smooth.
11. Once the pound cake is cool, pour over the glaze.
Whip up some of this delicious and mouthwatering Lemon-Blueberry Pound Cake today. I promise you will love it!
Here are some other recipes that you might like:
- Poached Pears with Honey Mascarpone Cream
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze
- Creamy Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Fresh Thyme