Over the winter we saw the movie Black Panther at the theatre. We loved it so much for so many reasons. We actually loved it so much that we bought the DVD so we could watch it at home again and have a family movie night. Buy it here –>> Amazon
Black Panther is about King T’Challa of Wakanda. He is the king of an African nation with immense technological advances. His throne is challenged by an outsider who seeks to right the wrongs that were done to him. Wakanda becomes the stage of an epic battle for the throne.
We decided that we would create a snack worthy of our family movie night. The snack mix is chocolatey and delicious.
Here’s the recipe:
1. Measure 1 1/4 cups each of Rice Chex® and Corn Chex®. Mix them together and divide them into 2 separate bowls.
2. Place 10 Oreo’s® in a gallon sized ziplock bag. Crush them with a rolling pin.
3. Divide the Oreo’s® evenly into 2 gallon sized bags. Add 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar to each bag. Mix together.
4. Place 6 ounces of milk chocolate in a bowl and 6 ounces of white chocolate in another bowl.
5. Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 30-second intervals at a time, stirring in between. Once melted, add 1/2 teaspoon of butter to each bowl and stir until melted.
6. Add the melted white chocolate to 1 bowl of Chex® cereal and stir to coat.
7. Pour the bowl of coated cereal into 1 bag of the crushed cookies. Seal and shake bag to coat.
8. Repeat the process with the melted milk chocolate and the 2nd bowl of cereal and crushed cookies.
9. Place both chocolate coated cereals in a serving bowl. Add 1/2 cup peanut M&M’s®, a handful of snowcap candies, and 8 partially crushed Oreo’s®. Mix together.
Enjoy the show!!