This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/Kraft Heinz.
This quick Cream Cheese Apple Cake is absolutely perfect for fall. It’s brimming with all of the fall flavors you know and love.
The best part of fall for me is the abundance of all different delicious apples. Some people go crazy for pumpkin spice. But not me. Anything apple flavor is my jam! That’s why I absolutely love this Cream Cheese Apple Cake. It is bursting with apple and cinnamon flavor. Philadelphia® Cream Cheese gives this cake the most amazing texture and the Cool Whip® Whipped Topping is the “icing on the cake” so to speak.
This cake would make the PERFECT Thanksgiving dessert. Even though the holidays may be different this year, spending time with family and friends has never been more important. We all crave the comfort of familiarity, especially during the holiday season. Cooking with Kraft Heinz® products brings those familiar flavors that remind me of happier and simpler times around the dinner table.
Apple Pie is usually on our holiday menu. This year I decided to mix our holiday dessert up a bit with this Cream Cheese Apple Cake. It’s all the flavors we love, but with a twist. Let’s get baking!
Cream Cheese Apple Cake Recipe
First things first: Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 9” by 13” baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Peel, core and chop apples. Toss them in lemon juice and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, beat sugar, butter, cream cheese and vanilla until smooth.
Next, add eggs and beat until well combined and creamy.
Add flour, salt, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, and baking powder to bowl and stir until just combined. Add chopped apples and gently fold them into batter. Pour apple batter into prepared baking pan.
In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and remaining cinnamon. Sprinkle over apple batter.
Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Allow cake to cool. Spread Cool Whip® Whipped Topping in an even layer over cake; sprinkle with cinnamon.
This Cream Cheese Apple cake is deliciously full of Fall flavors!
- 3 large Gala or Golden Delicious apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1-½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1-½ cups COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9” by 13” baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Peel, core and chop apples. Toss them in lemon juice and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat sugar, butter, cream cheese and vanilla until smooth.
4. Add eggs and beat until well combined and creamy.
5. Add flour, salt, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, and baking powder to bowl and stir until just combined.
6. Add chopped apples and gently fold them into batter.
7. Pour apple batter into prepared baking pan.
8. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and remaining cinnamon. Sprinkle over apple batter.
9. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
10. Allow cake to cool Spread COOL WHIP in an even layer over cake; sprinkle with cinnamon.
The holiday season is so crazy busy for me. Keeping my shopping trips to a minimum by going to stores that have everything I need in one place, such as my local Walmart, is definitely a goal of mine. I was able to get every ingredient for the Cream Cheese Apple Cake and I also picked up a few other things that I need for my holiday meal.
I already LOVE Kraft Heinz® and Walmart. But I love them even more for their #ShareTheHolidaySweepstakes! Click here to enter for a chance to win daily prizes of $100 Walmart gift cards and a grand prize trip to visit loved ones (a $2,500 value).
If that wasn’t enough, you will get a special gift from Walmart! You’ll be emailed a link to download a free digital cookbook of holiday favorites (including this recipe!).
There you have it. A quick and easy Holiday dessert that is filled with all of your favorite Holiday flavors!
Here are some other recipes that you might like:
- Thanksgiving Doesn’t Have to Be All About the Turkey
- Host a Stress-Free Holiday With Our Thanksgiving Checklist
- Adorable Turkey Cupcakes