Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze!
This satisfying side dish goes beyond basic, boring Brussels sprouts with its rich oven-roasted flavor enhanced with just a hint of sweetness. The combination of sweet and savory elements in this dish makes these Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze a perfect complement for a wide variety of main dishes.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
1 lb. small Brussels sprouts, rinsed and cut in half
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1/3 c. balsamic vinegar
1 T. real maple syrup
1. Place oven rack in the center position and preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Heat olive oil in a large cast-iron or another oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add Brussels sprouts to skillet and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook for several minutes, stirring occasionally until the sprouts begin to turn brown.
3. Once browned, transfer the skillet into the preheated oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove sprouts from oven once they are tender and start to turn a rich brown color.
4. While the sprouts are roasting, add balsamic vinegar and maple syrup to a small skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, then reduce heat to medium. Continue stirring until the vinegar mixture reduces to about 1/3 of its original volume and becomes thick and syrupy. (Do not overcook or it will become too hard and sticky).
5. To serve, transfer Brussels sprouts to a plate and drizzle lightly with balsamic glaze. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and enjoy immediately.
Here are some other recipes that you might like: