This Grilled Corn and Cherry Tomato Salad pairs particularly well with grilled meats and poultry.
Fresh corn has just started to arrive in the grocery stores and I couldn’t be more excited. Corn on the cob is one of my favorite summer vegetables! This healthy and colorful side dish can be served as a light main course or a side dish with just about any meal you prefer.
Grilled Corn and Cherry Tomato Salad
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
2 large ears fresh corn, husks, and silk removed
1 T. unsalted butter, melted
1 medium red onion, halved and cut into thick slices
1 lb. cherry or grape tomatoes halved
1 large avocado, chopped
¼ c. fresh parsley, roughly chopped
3 T. fresh lime juice
Salt and black pepper, to taste
**Tip: If fresh corn is not in season, substitute 1 cup frozen sweet corn prepared according to package instructions.**
1. Brush corn with melted butter before placing corn and red onion slices on a pre-heated gas grill over medium direct heat, or indoors on a grill pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray set over medium-high heat.
2. Cook corn until kernels are slightly charred, rotating one-quarter turn every couple of minutes until each side is done. Flip red onion once while the corn is cooking.
3. Remove vegetables from heat and slice kernels from the cob with a sharp knife.
4. Discard cobs and transfer onions and corn kernels to a large salad bowl and set aside.
5. Add tomatoes, avocado, fresh parsley, and lime juice to the bowl.
6. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss gently to combine.
7. Serve immediately with your choice of main dish. Enjoy!
This Grilled Corn and Cherry Tomato Salad is so colorful and fresh. It’s the perfect spring dish!
Here are some other recipes that you might like: