Tips and Tricks to Help You Quit Smoking for Good!
*Disclosure: This post is sponsored by NicoDerm® but the content and opinions expressed here are my own. I’m proud to be working with NicoDerm® to give Tips and Tricks to Help You Quit Smoking for Good. I have been compensated for my time and to supply an honest review.*
Let’s face it, whether you or a loved one is a smoker, it can be extremely difficult to quit. Longtime smokers know that smoking just becomes a part of your everyday routine. Smoking can also be associated with an activity as well. For example, many smokers always smoke a cigarette after eating a meal.
I am going to give you tips and tell you why NicoDerm® CQ® Clear Patch Extended Release, Step 1 is recommended by physicians and pharmacists.
NicoDerm® CQ® Patch is sold over-the-counter and is easy to find at your local Walgreens. It is kept behind the counter, either at the register or the pharmacy. I can not encourage you more, that if you need help or have questions regarding these products, please do not hesitate to consult your friendly Walgreens pharmacist. They are there for you! Click here to download a digital coupon, now through 1/18.
Tips and Tricks to Help You Quit Smoking for Good
Smoking is not only a physical addiction but a mental one as well. I feel that every try counts. If you fail and smoke, then get back up and try again!
Let’s talk about cravings:
Craving can definitely make smoking cessation difficult. The good thing, though, is that they are usually short-lived and only last about 10-15 minutes. Here are some ways to help with cravings.
1. Try deep breaths – take 10-15 deep breaths and focus your mind on your breathing.
2. Choose a distraction – clean out that junk drawer or try to cook a new recipe. Focusing on something else helps redirect your brain.
3. Take a walk or play some basketball with your kids – exercise is a natural mood enhancer and the fresh air also helps.
Let’s talk about triggers:
Triggers are another hurdle to overcome with smoking cessation. Try to have a plan in place or avoid things that trigger you to smoke.
1. Avoid social situations like parties if this is a trigger for you. The holiday season can be especially difficult for some because of stress and social situations that trigger habits.
2. Sometimes a cup of coffee is a trigger for some people. Maybe switch to drinking tea for a while.
3. Keep your hands busy. Take up a hobby like knitting that keeps you from having idle hands. Keeping a coin in your pocket can also help your hands stay busy on the go.
Let’s talk about how NicoDerm® CQ Patches can help:
The NicoDerm® CQ® Patch not only helps relieve cravings but also helps with the difficult physical withdrawal symptoms of nicotine. NicoDerm® CQ® Patches are available in both an 8-week and a 10-week treatment program.
In order to quit smoking, you must be motivated and determined to quit. The addition of the NicoDerm® CQ® Patch to your smoking cessation plan doubles your chances of successfully quitting! NicoDerm® CQ® Patches, in combination with a behavioral support program, is a great way to increase your chances of success.
It is definitely not easy to quit smoking but by avoiding triggers and with the help of NicoDerm® CQ® Patches, you have a better chance of succeeding. Good luck and stay happy and healthy!
Visit Walgreens.com to shop the Nicorette® Family of products and for more information about Nicorette®.