Steel Cut Oats Breakfast Bowls!
These Steel Cut Oats Breakfast Bowls are a healthy and delicious breakfast idea that look as great as they taste! The nice thing about these Instant Pot steel cut oats is you can pretty much set it and forget it while it cooks.
Steel Cut Oats Breakfast Bowls
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes + time to come to pressure
Non-stick cooking spray
1 c. steel cut oats
3¼ c. water
2 c. Greek or coconut yogurt
1½ T. chia seeds
1 T. real maple syrup, plus additional for serving
1 c. fresh strawberries, hulled and cut into chunks
1 c. fresh blueberries rinsed and patted dry
**Tip: To save time in the morning, prepare the yogurt mixture the night before and use blueberries and raspberries to reduce prep time.**
1. Spray the Instant Pot cooking container with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Add steel cut oats and water and stir to combine. Cover with lid and lock into position, then flip the pressure valve to the “Sealing” position.
3. Press the “Manual” button and select the high heat setting. Set cook time to 10 minutes. After a brief pause, the Instant Pot will automatically start building pressure.
4. While the oats cook, combine yogurt, chia seeds, and maple syrup in a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
5. When cook time is complete, turn off the Instant Pot to prevent scorching. Allow pressure to release naturally for 15 minutes, and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
6. Carefully remove the lid and stir the contents to combine. Transfer the cooked oats to individual serving bowls. Heap the oats a little higher on one side of the bowl and spoon the yogurt mixture onto the other half.
7. Arrange the strawberries and blueberries between the two halves for a nice presentation. Serve immediately with additional maple syrup on the side, if desired. Enjoy!
Here are some other recipes that you might like: