Special Ways to Celebrate Your Dog Every Day
You are going to love these special ways to celebrate your dog every day with desserts, gifts, and treats.
This post is sponsored by WellPet but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Our dog Jake is like a member of our family. So much so that I am not sure if he knows he is even a dog! He comes camping and goes on hikes with us and just truly loves being with us. We love him just as much.
We love to spoil him with some snack love because he is such a good boy. But we want Jake to live a long and healthy life. That’s why we give him Old Mother Hubbard dog treats. They are made of all-natural ingredients.
As soon as Jake hears the sound of the Old Mother Hubbard treat bag he comes running with his tail wagging. It makes me so happy when he is happy and excited. “Happy Dog, Happy Life!”
Why We Love Old Mother Hubbard Treats
Old Mother Hubbard dog treats are available at Walmart nationwide. They are available in 4 different flavor varieties (P-Nuttier Dog Biscuits, Original Assortment Dog Biscuits, Extra Tasty Assortment Dog Biscuits, and P-Nuttier N’ Nanners Dog Biscuits). You can grab some in-store or click HERE to order online and add them directly to your cart. Select Walmart locations even have Online Grocery Pickup options.
Old Mother Hubbard dog treat company is pretty much located in my back yard! Founded in Gloucester, Massachusetts, they have been creating joy for dogs since 1926. Their treats are all-natural and never artificial. Made from wholesome ingredients that have a great taste that dogs drool over. They are oven-baked to preserve the natural flavors. And I can feel good about giving Jake a reward that is healthy and full of flavor.
Fun Ways to Treat Your Dog Extra Special with Old Mother Hubbard
Bake up a batch of extra special pupcakes for your furry friends birthday
Jake LOVES his birthday pupcakes so much. They are crazy easy to make and you only need a few ingredients that you probably have in the house already.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 egg
- whipped cream and Old Mother Hubbard treats to decorate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 6 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl, beat peanut butter and vegetable oil until creamy with an electric mixer.
- Add carrots, honey, egg, and beat.
- Add flour and baking soda and beat until combined.
- Divide batter into the 6 prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes or until cooked through. Let cool.
- Top each cupcake with a dollop of whipped cream and an Old Mother Hubbard dog treat.
Make a doggie basket birthday present
Fill a basket with all of your dog’s favorite toys and Old Mother Hubbard dog treats. Even if they destroy the toys in minutes just remember a toy destroyed is a toy enjoyed.
Whip up some 4 ingredient doggie ice cream
Jake absolutely loves the containers of ice cream for dogs that you can find at the local grocery store, but they run about $3 for 6 small cups. I made him 12 homemade cups for the same price! And ours include a special dog treat inside each one as a bonus.
Doggie Ice Cream Ingredients
- 2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 Tbsp peanut butter
- 12 small Old Mother Hubbard dog treats
Doggie Ice Cream Directions
- Slice bananas and place in a blender with peanut butter and yogurt. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Line a muffin pan with liners and fill each cup about 2/3 full.
- Place a small dog treat in the center of each one
- Freeze until solid (about 3 hours).
- NOTE: When frozen solid, remove the pan from the freezer and let sit on the counter for about 5 minutes. This allows the cups to loosen from the pan and makes the liners easy to remove from the ice cream for storing.
Dogs provide us with companionship, all kinds of cuteness, and infinite amounts of love — so, the least we can do as pet owners is to treat them as special as they treat us.
Hopefully, I have given you some great ideas on how to celebrate your precious pup. Don’t forget to click HERE and add Old Mother Hubbard to your Walmart cart so you can make these fun dog recipes yourself!
No matter the occasion — a dog birthday party, gotcha day, or simply Love Your Pet Day — there are so many creative ways to celebrate the furry wonders who’ve changed our lives for the better.
Related Family Posts:
- Go On a Virtual Field Trip for Free
- 15 Fun and Cheap Family Activities
- Fun Activities for Kids During Quarantine