This Creamy Instant Pot Rice Pudding is so quick and simple to make.
This custard-like creamy instant pot rice pudding is so delicious and easy to make, it just might become your new favorite dessert. It is wonderful on its own with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon and maple syrup or with some fresh berries and whipped cream.
Creamy Instant Pot Rice Pudding
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes + time to come to pressure
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
1 c. Arborio rice, rinsed and well-drained
2½ c. almond milk, divided
2 T. maple syrup
1 t. real vanilla extract
1 t. ground cinnamon
¼ t. salt
**Tip: Optional topping like fresh berries, whipped cream, or berry compote would be delicious.**
1. Add olive oil to Instant Pot and press the “Sauté” button. Adjust the heat setting to normal.
2. Add rice and stir until coated in the oil and lightly toasted, approximately 2 minutes.
3. Turn Instant Pot off and add 2 cups almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla extra, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to combine.
4. Add lid and lock into place. Press the “Manual” button and adjust the setting to high. Set cook time to 10 minutes and set the pressure valve to “Sealing.” After a brief pause, the Instant Pot will automatically start building pressure.
5. Meanwhile, whisk the eggs with the remaining almond milk in a medium-sized mixing bowl and set aside.
6. When the cook time is complete, turn the Instant Pot off to prevent scorching. Allow pressure to release naturally for 15 minutes, and then release the remaining pressure manually.
7. Unlock and remove the lid and transfer one heaping spoonful of the hot rice mixture to the beaten eggs and stir to combine. Repeat with another spoonful of rice before slowly whisking the tempered egg mixture into the Instant Pot.
8. Press the “Sauté” button and adjust the heat setting to normal. Stir the mixture continually until the pudding thickens and the egg is thoroughly incorporated approximately 3-4 minutes.
9. Turn the Instant Pot off and immediately remove the cooking container to prevent scorching. Allow pudding to cool slightly before serving or transfer to a storage container and press a layer of plastic wrap across the surface before placing it in the refrigerator.
10. Serve warm or chilled topped with fresh fruit or warm berry compote and a dollop of whipped cream, if desired. Enjoy!
This Creamy Instant Pot Rice Pudding is a delicious and comforting dessert that you can make from pantry staples.
Here are some other recipes that you might like: