Why You Should Plan a Vacation to Cape Cod Massachusetts!
*Disclosure: This post is sponsored by the Cape Cod Chamber of Commerce but the content and opinions expressed here are my own. I’m proud to be working with the Cape Cod Chamber of Commerce to help spread the word about amazing vacations in Cape Cod. I have been compensated with complimentary resort accommodations and museum passes for my time and to supply an honest review*
I have lived in Massachusetts my whole life. When you live in Massachusetts your summer vacations usually are spent in Cape Cod. Locals refer to it as “going down the cape.” It’s just what you do when you live here. But Cape Cod is not just a vacation spot for locals, people come from near and far to enjoy the amazing sights, smells, and tastes of the Cape. I am going to give you some pointers on why you should plan a vacation to Cape Cod Massachusetts.
Why You Should Plan a Vacation to Cape Cod Massachusetts
Cape Cod is the perfect vacation spot for everyone from couples, to families, to solo travelers. There is something for everyone! The beaches are unparalleled in their beauty. It is a beach lovers paradise. I will warn you though that the water is usually pretty cold. We New Englanders are used to it. Heck, we wear shorts in the spring when the temperature hits 50 degrees! If you are not from New England, just be prepared for fairly cold water even when it is 90 degrees out.
We really like to stay in the Hyannis and Dennisport areas of Cape Cod. There is a lot to see and do for families. The beaches also have fairly calm waters so the waves usually are pretty gentle for the little ones. We recently spent the weekend in Dennisport in October and yes my crazy kids could not resist a dip into that ocean. Fully clothed and all! BRRRR… I’m cold just thinking about it.
Cape Cod is also a foodie paradise. There are so many delicious restaurants to choose from. The fresh seafood cannot be beaten. It tastes like they just pulled it out of the ocean, which in some cases they do actually get fresh seafood every day. Some “must eat” restaurants in the Dennisport and Hyannis area are Yarmouth House, Chapin’s Restaurant, and Pizza Barbone. All family friendly and all delicious.
Family Friendly Activities in Cape Cod
1. Cape Cod Museum of Natural History – This is a cute little museum located in Brewster. You can take a visit through the history of Cape Cod through amazing exhibits and an incredible aquarium. Fun for all ages.
2. Fritz Glass – A great little locally owned glass blowing store in Dennisport. They have gorgeous pieces to purchase and you can catch a glass blowing demonstration. Call ahead to make sure they are having a demo on the day you are visiting. I would not recommend taking very small children here since the whole place is pretty much breakable. LOL
3. Stage Stop Candy – no vacation to Dennisport is complete without a stop at this delicious candy shop. All the chocolates are made in house and everything is totally drool-worthy.
Now that you know what to do and eat in Cape Cod, let’s talk about where to stay. Our favorite resort is the Corsair & Cross Rip Oceanfront Resort in Dennisport. It is located right on the beach!
Every room is a suite with a kitchen, bedroom area, and a sitting area with a table big enough for four to dine. Each room also has a balcony, many facing the beach. They have a great little continental breakfast included in your stay. There is an outdoor pool and jacuzzi as well as an indoor pool and game room. The staff is beyond accommodating and the owner Mark is amazing.
And this is why you should plan your next vacation to Cape Cod Massachusetts. Cape Cod has something for everyone. Before I let you go, I want to show you one more thing. Look at the spectacular sunsets on the beaches of Cape Cod.
I know you will enjoy your Cape Cod vacation as much as we do. If you are looking for other fun things to do in Massachusetts check out these posts:
- How to Spend 24 Hours in Boston with Kids!
- A Chocolate Lovers Dream!
- A Day at Old Sturbridge Village!